Tuesday, June 17, 2008

PBJ vs Eating Right







So i'm rushing to get to work and I don't have time to make a good sandwich so I grab the Simply Jif peanut butter, all natural blackberry jelly and three slices of Nature's Own whole wheat bread. Now normally I don't think about the calories of this crap because I've gone to the store, looked over all the ingredients that I have in my house and then i have an epiphany! How many calories is in this sandwich and what is its nutriotional value compared to one of my Eating Right TV Dinners.

So I grab my Steak tips and Vegetables which is 290 calories and 310mg sodium. My PBJ has 450 calories and compares in sodium! The extra slice killed me. When I make a triple slice sandwich it doubles the ingredients I use for Jelly (60 cals p/tbsp) and PB (190 cals p/2tbsp). The bread is 50 cals p/slice (and no high frutcose)

For $2 Giant/Safeway sell these eating right meal, and I grab the ones that use multi-grain rice. They are the lowest sodium TV dinners you will fine, taste delicious (my fav is the 5-grain, chicken w/plum sauce & snow peas). Eat healthy, Be Smart!




Aight added note! After reviewing the box from eating right I find that there is way too much *ahem* CRAP in the 5-grain beef & vegetables....specifically CORN shit! My biggest nemesis is high fructose corn syrup WHICH i've managed to get out of my house...how did this slip past me?!? Corn syrup solids (3X), corn starch, corn starch-modified (2X), Light corn syrup (corn syrup water, high fructose corn syrup) and lastly modified corn starch. Egh! So this blog is still good...u decide, know what you're eating and take those added calories or fuck it! I like corn B-P

No comments: