Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Health Alert: Yogurt

(6/11/08) VoilA!

Ok so i'm sorta kinda maybe just a lil health conscious and I love yogurt. Unfortunately all the yogurts you find are either high in sugar or packed with corn starch, modified corn starch or other crap you don't need inside your body. I ordered a yogurt machine, but OMG I need some yogurt, STAT!

So here's a good "Dirty" receipe:

* Get a tub of Giant (or your local merchant) Plain Lowfat Yogurt
The ingredients should just be Lowfat Milk and Nonfat milk solids (wicked cool, right?)

* Buy granola (may have sugar) or peanuts (unsalted, smashed and my choice)

* Strawberry Jam (ALL Fruit, Tablespoon will do for a small cup size)

* One splenda packet (** Use raw honey 1/2tsp for 15cals and a natural raw sugar** 06/11/08)

Place the strawberry jam at the bottom of your cup. Next fill the yogurt to your delight and then sprinkle your granola or mashed peanuts on top. Stir around and then add your splenda packet (use lightly, stir, taste and add more if nec.)

This is an awesome snack! Although it is estimated at 250cals you get:
Calcium
High Protein (over 10g at least, more if you used nuts)

It tastes delicious and the sugars you consume are natural sugars from the milk and fruit (No cane sugar). And again what happened to all that crap that Dannon and Delight use??? Sayonara unnecessary ingredients! U r the weakest leak!

6 comments:

Basilio Bocalan said...

Ew, Splenda makes you doo-doo. It's all about "Sugar in the Raw" baby...cause like ODB used to say...
"OH BABY I LIKE IT RAW!"

xo
B-

Dirty said...

Sabes que...Ur right! I was about to argue the benefits of Splenda because I had heard that is was a natural sweetner, but it's not!

I suppose a tablespoon of honey (raw honey) would do! Wow you know I drink a lot of diet sodas/red bulls...and water! lol! But after reading some articles (and I will continue to research healthier alternatives) I am convinced that I need to toss the splenda (especially since I drink a lot of sodas). I just know that F*in honey is gonna add calories to my yogurt >:-P

Basilio Bocalan said...

You have a choice stud...

either you take the honey with it's many healthy benefits (and there's a lot)

or

you take the Splenda, poop your asshole right off, with the only possible benefit which would be the six pack you'll grow from all the squating

^_^ enjoy

P.S. I'm trying to drink more water...I am addicted to soda!!! Just ask Tuffie.

Dirty said...

ABS! ABS! ABS! ABS! HAHA! ☺

Basilio Bocalan said...

Vanity...it's my favorite sin! ;)

Dirty said...

Aight I'm going to recant my splenda comment. After further research I decided to investigate sucralose & also where the FDA stands on splenda. Splenda is not a natural sweetner. It is made with Chlorine...sorta like salt NaCl. If you eat buckets of this stuff a day, you may have some adverse effects...however having 10 packets a day in lieu of potato chips is probably better.
FDA:
http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/tpsucral.html

Splenda Truth
http://www.splendatruth.com/page.jhtml?id=splendatruth/include/splenda_faqs.inc

Splenda will once again be welcomed back in my house and yes, dirty approves using 1/2 or a whole packet in your yogurt.

Aspartame makes u go poopy...Splenda if anything may give you a migrane