Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Job huntin

Alright so I had my 1st interview yesterday with iGov. They're a pretty cool company...the guy Francios was pretty cool too....I felt a little weak in some of my technical questions but thank goodness for CBT Nuggets! I'll have to study up on those again! So after the technical portion was done (and man I was ready to excuse myself) we went into the personality one...That one felt more like a breeze cuz i got to quiz him to since he would've been my potential boss....Well the job was gonna have some long days ahead of them. They are re-doing a HQ site, provide direct support to a site in Springfield, VA and aide Tampa, FL site whenever necessary...Plus act as the Desktop Support and Helpdesk whenever necessary...Potential 14 hour days, plus multiple deadlines. Now on the positive side if I were to have taken this job the education was unlimited and I would be learning and learning and learning! I already had a condo picked out that was 1.82 miles away from work. But I decided that since their IT dept has had a 'revolving door' (quit/fired) I wasn't going to settle for long work days over a stronger career. So I dropped the job and am still seeking work. I've had an interesting opportunity arise @ Ft Belvoir, 4 day work week - 12 hours...sounds like how I ended my contract in Kuwait! So I like those hours...well not the hours but 4 day work weeks I love! And it sounds like it has a lot to do with Exchange.

Alright I'm a lil under the weather right now but gotta work my abs and maybe do a light jog...How else am i gonna keep my stomache tight ~:-P

~laters

No comments: