Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bittersweet Apples

I got up this morning, and had an apple on my mind
The juicy taste is what I crave, so let me see what I can find
Apples are a tricky fruit, they come in red, gold and green
But what is in their insides, may not always be what it seems

Take this apple right here, it shines bright tempting and red
Like the one snow white ate, well she almost ended up dead
And a lot of apples portray this image, so why do we crave their taste
Is it because of their outter beauty, that we see all others as waste
Disregard that odd shaped apple, the one with all the lumps
Who would buy such a hideous thing, it should've ended up in the dumps

So you take your precisious red apple, and hold it with great pride
The lushious red you can't resist! Oh I can't wait to taste what's inside
But alas it was nothing special, nothing savory a simple apple is all you got
The guy behind you has that odd shaped apple, the one you never bought
He takes a bite and man it's juicy, for it has rippened very well
All it takes is a smart shopper to see a true bargain thats on sale

Watch out for those shining bright red apples that you buy in the store
Inside they could have worms and maggots or just be rotten to the core
Open your mind and taste what's around you, close your eyes and take a bite!
If you truly believe that love is blind, then stand up and take this fight!
Fight your mind, fight your willpower, be vulnerable for just one minute
Then you might find yourself like that one guy, who enjoyed everything in it

So apples don't have to be so tricky, just tell that to yourself
And the next time you go to the store, go look at what's on the shelf
How many lumpy reds, dull-shined greens, and odd shaped goldens are left behind
What other shoppers don't have in their baskets are the treasure for you to find

My obsession with shiny bright red apples, is always being put to the test
I look at one that's hard to resist but wait! I don't settle for second best
If looks is all that apple has, then what will satisfy my hunger
The juicy taste is what my soul craves, it keeps my mind and body stronger
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a lot on my mind right now...

1 comment:

d-Jae™ said...

follow your heart while you look down the road for what could happen next. stay strong!