Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day 3...like survivor!

So Yeah incase some of you didn't know I'm working at the Dept of State as an exchange administrator (workin on e-mail servers). So what's it like? Ummm, it's somewhat strict! I mean, ok...we only support e-mail servers and the applications that go under those servers (PERIOD). So I guess that's sorta cool, I jus hope I don't lose a lot of what I learned (AD / VERITAS).

Things I like:
*KICKASS HOURS* I work Sunday - Thursday from 3pm - 12am (can I get a fuck, yeah???)
* People are pretty chill...ummm, i'm the only gay one here and most of my colleagues are guys so yeh! lotta str8 talk, but wha eva...They'll adapt ;-D
* We got a TV in the office *w00t w00t*
* DoS has a gym downstairs (I need to join! I'm gonna try to apply on Monday)
* Boss buys happy hours drinks/meals on Th (free dinner on TH, minus the drinks cuz i work)
* 6 miles away from my FABULOUS condo ~:-D
* WEBSENSE FREE!! w00t w00t!!!

The 'NOT' so much things:
* SALARY *
* People I work with are a lil older
* NO DOCUMENTATION (surprised?)
* Nonchalent shift lead (we both can't be nonchalent! lol! work with me!!!)
* Work next to our servers so YEaAh! It gets a lil loud

I got my TS investigation started so HOPEFULLY once that clears I can command a higher salary or plop my resume with some of the recruiters I got....DC loves Sys Admins and Engineers and (Go Me!) I got what they want...I got what they need...Can i get anutha shot? This time ima make it HAUTE ~ Haha ~ ok, so I put like survivor because the people here walk on eggshells and if you support anything we don't use...D/L (like drivers) or jus give sumone a weird look ur ass is gettin voted off the island!

Ok, the weekend was perrrty cool! I hung out with my buddy christina, had sum greek (MMmmmmM Spartans - Burke, VA! GeT SuM!!!), went to TOWN to watch the drag shows, drank a lil..a lil more...a lot more...then a lil more! Had fun, gave besos to some hottie...then headed home to watch LOST but mah drunk ass fell asleep so i need to watch it again!Sat: Met up with the lil bolivian hottie (latin guys) ~:-P~...had sum lunch, did a small walk then headed home for sum much needed cleanin and relaxation! Got a hold of Sterling and made some dinner plans...Decided that i was perrty harsh and shallow (not one of my best flaws, but as needy as I can sometimes get I like havin the ability to let shit roll of my shoulders and move on), so we're buddies and he's gonna help me decorate (art work wise) the pad! Ahhhhh...I love my condo and how it's shapin up (pussycat moment) DON CHA WISH UR CONDO WAS HOT LIKE MINE, DON CHA WISH UR FURNITURE WAS TITE LIKE MINE....DON CHA?...DON CHA BABE, DON CHA?? (end moment)

So yup yup, at work right now...its 5pm which means woot woot! 7 hours left (minus one for lunch!), do I miss 12hour days....DIRTY says NO NO NO NO NOooooo, i'll neva say Yeh yeh yeh yeh yeeeeeeeeeh cuz I said No No No No Nooooo (brought 2 u by Destiny C) ~ later guys

*STAMP: DORK APPROVED* >-D

No comments: