Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Krap...I mean Kraft's done it again!

Ok I gotta stop calling Kraft Krap. Since the lunchables they have evolved. Granted their "healthier" line of foods "South Beach Living" still has more sodium than I care to consume in a meal, the caloric & protein and sugar content make up for it. Ok so Harris Teeter had the South Beach Living Sesame Chicken wrap Sandwich kit on sale $3.79, Buy 1 Get 1 Free. So In read the ingredients to ensure their sesame dressing didn't have HFCS...it didn't! Great! The meal which has two medium size wraps, chicken chunks, crispy whole wheat noodles, mandarin orange dressing and a sugar free gelatin was 220 calories. Can can of Campbell Healthy Select soup contains 240 calories! The difference in sodium 710mg for Kraft, 960mg for Campbell. The only thing Campbell beat Kraft on was Cholesterol 40mg vs 20mg
**Honarable Mention** Protein: Kraft - 21g; Campbell - 14g

I enjoyed the meal, but with the south beach living I am usually left hungry. I don't eat that quickly so when I enjoy this meal again I will bring some carrots/veggies to snack on! Kraft, I know you gotta have preservatives with your meals but if TV dinners can go below 500mg PAH-LEEZ give it a shot! ^_^

1 comment:

eronious said...

Also, Kraft's stock rocks.