Tuesday, September 2, 2008

iLuv my Harris Teeter!


Yes I know...I'm a dork! iLuv it and wouldn't have it any other way! so Nyaaah! :-P
Anyways....Giant has had my business for a loooong time because the bakery at Safeway and Shoppers suck...they just plain suck! So recently my Giant decided, HEY! Lets get rid of these unbleached breads and bring in Nature's Own bleached crap. This did not go well with Dirty. Dirty is a carb whore who loves bread like black folk love chicken! I can't get enuf of that shit!!! So...I started shopping at Harris Teeter and not only do they have my breads, but they HAVE A LARGER selection of unbleached baked goods then what giant had (ok, now moving into the rating section)
HARRIS TEETER (review):
The store was very clean. When you walk inside there is a cookie basket that you can give your kid. That's nice. When I was in the store I was approached three times and asked if I needed assistance. That was nice too. The prices on a few of their products are some what higher than Giant and others compare (see comparison below). The service that I received and selection that they have make up the difference....I think! So the picture above show's me smiling my ass off. I was fucking JUMPING in the GaWd DayUM store!!!! I haven't seen MY splenda Peter Pan Peanut butter in YEARS! I shot the pic to my mom and got a txt back from here saying: Unbelievable!
She was always looking for that peanut butter when I was in Kuwait and still to this day! I found it!!! OMG!!! I FUCKIN FOUND IT! LOL! In my life I have small victories, these are the things that make me jump and smile! Simple pleasures! iLuv 'em!
Ok so Harris Teeter was not gonna get a rant outta me w/o me goin to my unfaithful Giant.
GIANT (Review)

No assistance what's so ever! This is VERY shocking because if you go to the Bailey's Crossroad Giant they like moved the whole fuckin store around! So it would've been nice to have help but no worries, we move on. The store was pretty clean considering the construction they were still undergoing. The service in Giant does not compare to that of Harris Teeter. Pricing:
Milk (1GAL, Organic, 1%) - Giant only has Whole/FF: $5.79 / HT: $5.99 (NO SALE)
Nature's Own Whole Wheat - Giant: $2.69 / HT: $2.99 (NO SALE)
Simply JiF - Giant: $2.99 / HT: $3.39 (NO SALE)
Polaner Fruit Jams (Med Jar) - Giant: $2.50 / HT: $1.99 (HT ON SALE, Reg $2.39)
St Dalfor Jam - Giant: $5.29 / HT: $4.99 (NO SALE)
Deer Park Water (24Bottles)- Giant: $4.44 / HT: $7.49 (Buy 1 Get 1 Free) (BOTH ON SALE)
Deli Cooked Ham (12oz) - Giant: $4.99 / HT: $3.50 (HT ON SALE, $4.49)
8 Piece Roasted Chicken - Giant: $7.49 / HT: $4.99 (HT ON SALE, $6.99)
Baguette - Giant: $2.99 / HT: $2.99 (NO SALE)
Bananas - Giant: 59c lb / HT: 65c lb (NO SALE)
Raspberries (box) - Giant: $2.99 / HT: 1.50 (HT ON SALE, $3.99)
Hillshire Farms Deli Wraps - Giant: $4.49 / HT: $3.99 (Buy 1 Get 1 Free)
Apples (3lb Bag, Red Delicious) - Giant: $4.99 / HT: $4.99 (NO SALE)
Giant: $59.96 / HT: $49.09
I know that the sales prices make the differences however the only things not on my list were the bananas, apples, raspberries and South Beach wraps (which Giant doesn't carry). I've got way too much time on my hands to be comparing places but I do this for you people! LOL!! I'm only kidding myself! iLuv it! Harris Teeter gets a 7.5/10, Giant gets a 5.5/10
Harris Teeter has a store jam that states "ALL NATURAL INGREDIENTS". Since when is corn syrup and High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) a natural ingredient??? Am I missing something or is their an HFCS plant we've developed? Ok...that is why they scored below an 8, but the service you get from Harris Teeter makes up the difference is some of their erroneous label and high price items PLUS the variety and deals you get on throughout the store puts this store at #1 in my book. From the moment you walk in (Small/Large carts/Baskets), grab your kid a cookie, walk on non-sticky clean floors greeted by the reps who work their to the cash register with their pleasant smile and customer service you get a Grade A experience.

3 comments:

d-Jae™ said...

omg your pic makes me crave for peanut butter for a year. lol. try the "all natural" extra creamy one - you might like it! ~:-)

Dirty said...

LMFAO!!! OMG! I was soooo excited to find that!!!! ^_^

d-Jae™ said...

that's good. top that with blueberry and not-so-ripe banana and panini press it . . . mmm! i just wanna disappear right now . . . lol ^_^