Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Recipe for catastrophe? I think not!

Sooo long day from work and a hard workout at the gym I did NOT feel like cooking. So I ordered 2 medium light cheese/sauce thin crust pies from Dominos. Open the fridge and shooooooot! I defrosted meat two days ago!!! ;,,,-(. Well I nuked the fish and ate that with steam broc. Not bad. Now for the beef and turkey patties (roughly 2.25lbs of meat) I sooo don't wanna cook these. I could mix the two together and make a meatloaf? That's cool! If it sucks, I'll dump it and won't loose feel like I'm wasting food! Sooo creating my own meatloaf recipe.




Well first we need ketchup. Ketchup is a sugar. We like sweet meatloaf. So let's also add Ginger and two tbsp of strawberry jam. Cool! Breadcrumbs. We need that. Bout a cup will do. No eggs. Hmmm cup of low fat mozzarella cheese will stick the loaf. Spices we need dry onion soup mix, and Thai chili spice (surprisingly i didn't use garlic!!!). Bake in a cold oven at 350 for an hour and a half. Let cool in oven. And serve. I thought it came out pretty tasty! I'll have my dad sample tomorrow And let u know if I was being generous. Not bad for on the fly cooking :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For a quick and "DirTy" tasty meatloaf mix in a jar of pizza sauce instead of using ketchup or tomato sauce.

Yours sounds yummier :)