Friday, November 7, 2008

2008...

you know...i've been pondering a lot about 2008. I'm not even done with the year (and I can't wait for it 2 b dun wit!) but I think about everything that has so far happened this year. The biggest thing this year is family.
Losing two family members within 10days of each other and then today hearing that my grandmother has broken heart syndrome. I'll get into that in a paragraph or two...That was the biggest thing this year.

Then falling in love, breaking my heart, chasing after a dream, to finally cutting the cord and moving forward (*marks one month anniversary*). I can view this as a set back, or as a lesson learned in time. Being the optomistic person I am, I'll smile look back on what it was and move forward. What I won't do is look back on what never was nor could've been. Fuck it! ;-)...

Moving from Kuwait back to DC. This was definitely a positive move. iLuv living in DC...have the best job in the world (and by that I mean, iGot the best boss and awesome co-workers...who could want more than that?)...granted job satisfaction isn't what it use to be, but oh well. As long as I like the people I work with and flexibility, I'm good!

I don't wanna forget that I am greatful for the new friends that I have in my life. Friendship is something that iLuv yet I seem to be guilty like a lot of people when I feel that it's 'out of sight, out of mind'. My real close friends (Chris & Tiff) live at belvoir, so seeing them is ALWAYS a pleasure! Frank and Brooksanne whom I've known since 12 live two blocks away from them. Real cool that I have those treasure 15miles away from me. Now to the DC District; Tuffie- I value the friendship we have and love that we can laugh/act silly bout the same stupid shit *MuAh*, Christian - You are sooo like the little brother I never had! We bullshit, talk, fight, give hugs...it's def a friendship I've not had with anyone but it's cool that we move forward past the drama n bullshit (you owe me lunch pendejo!). There are a lot of guys who've been impressionable (if that's such a word) to my life and I know over time I'll treasure those memories and allow you closer to my layers. I've made some good acquitances here since I've moved from Kuwait.

Moving back to grandma...She is officially moving to VA (Brooks, you got another republican). So the doctors have diagnosed her with Broken Heart syndrome. Basically, she's been living alone these past 4 years and recently lost her son and brother. This is very hard and she needs family. She is having trouble breathing and has difficulty walking. So now it is time to inventory the house, have her get out of the hospital, go to re-hab....two or three months later have a room setup in VA where she will be a part of the family.

She has to improve, otherwise....well she just has to improve. I think it will be great having her back in VA. As soon as she can move a tad quicker she will be able to help out around the house (so that she feels productive), make dinners and eventually go out to the library and Sr Center to play bridge and what not. So this will be happening sometime in 2009 and iHope I just hope it will be a better year that what 2008 has given us.

Ok, I'm sure i'll do anutha year wrap-up when that time comes...Oh shit! I forgot! Duh! I've been blogging for a year now! Damn...I've never done/kept up with a journal this long! iLuv it! w00t w00t! Be back in VA manana ~ c!a0

No comments: