Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Poetry

~*FRIENDSHIP*~

I need for you to realize you had my heart untold
It wasn't mine to give, yet it was just as good as sold
The quirks that I have make me judge myself inside
I can be harsh, bitter and confused. Yet my ego holds its pride

But always know that I love you and believe what we have is fate
And that I don't expect it back, you don't need to reciprocate
As far as 2nd place goes, your friendship is my consolation prize
It took me time to realize that it was I who must compromise

Just know that you are the most brilliant man I've ever met
You challenge my mind and heart, so I reap the benefits
The journey life has taken us still strikes hunger in my eyes
I wonder where we'll end up? Where do our futures lie?

Letting go of a dream; that was the hardest part!
But time heals all wounds, and I found solace in my heart
I gotta wrap this up babe, and just got one last thing to say:
You are my friend forever; have a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

No comments: