Monday, November 3, 2008

Amazing Grace

One day before the election Barack Obama's grandmother leaves the Earth. It's poetic. She hung around until God called upon her. It reminds me of Charles Schulz and that he died the day before his last comic came out and he had announced his retirement.

I'm not very religious/spiritual. I actually mock organized religion for the fact that we have these groups of people that praise God and live by the word that generally for the most part practices peace and good towards mankind...YET for some reason, these groups of God loving peacekeepers have killed and killed and killed. I often wonder who's taken more lives; God or Cancer? Ok I'm digressing

I saw Barack Obama carry his speach in North Carolina after the news of his grandmother passing and when he spoke I saw a man who lost a loved one but let everyone know who she was and what she stood for. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I saw how strongly he spoke yet, the tears (something you can't control) rolled down his eyes.

I'm not a praying person (because I believe our destiny's are already mapped), but hope that his grandmother's soul is in a good place. That's all

No comments: