Sunday, August 3, 2008

RIP Uncle Rick

Wow...last week I had a great uncle pass and today I have an uncle pass. I was not close to my uncle rick, but am real close to my mom, grandmother and love my Uncle Pat. So...it's tearing me up inside that I can't be there in Phoenix (again) right now. She has no idea but I know that when my mom and pat walk to the door and she see's one son, one daughter...but not the other her heart is gonna drop to the floor.

Burying your child is something I never ever want to experience. Seeing my mom crying and only being able to hug her is all I can do. On a comical side I think about George Carlin (who also recently passed) and how he says people always come up to you and say "if there's anything I can do, let me know" and George says like what? Can you pull a resurrection?

I think if I had the power to do that, I wouldn't. My uncle had MS & Kennedy's Disease...so he's in a spot where they can't hurt him anymore. The thing that hurt my mom the most is that he died in an ambulance....alone. And that people sucks...I'm ready for a weekend that ends in joy. I'm dreading the call I have to make to my grandma. This call is going to be worse than her brother...her own son....the first of the kids. Last week her brother, now her son. I can not even phathom what would being going through my mind...My biggest fear is that she will lose her will to live. And I don't know....................................
<30mins>
my mom sent me a txt...my grandma knows and she and I feel the same feelings. I couldn't be strong for her...i was literally on the floor in a corner at my work building crying saying I was sorry. I really REALLY wish I could give her that hug! Ok I can't cry anymore...im back in the office

I'm tired right now but need to focus on what made me smile about Rick. He was the silver lining in the grey cloud that surrounded him. Dispite his diseases he carried a positive attitude and no matter what life threw is way he could laugh his way through it. That is the one thing I am striving to take from him and my great uncle daniel. The power of positive energy!
Rick-isms:
* I got one question for you....Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp? Who put the ram in the ram-a-lam-a-ding-dong? Who put the bop in the bop sh-bop sh-bop? Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip? Who was that man? I'd like to shake his hand, He made my baby fall in love with me.

* Give me 8! Ohhhh you can't do it! Only Jackie seems to be able to do it!

* I got two words for you and they're not "Happy Birthday"

* Michael you're a gentleman and a scholar I don't care what (whoever is near) says about you

* Two hands were a bouquet of middle fingers and he had a withering bouquet

...good therapy!

2 comments:

eronious said...

Damn. Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope you're doing a little better now.

Dirty said...

::::HUGS HEATHER::::
I'm doing a lot better. Thanks for thinkin bout me ;)