Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Speaking of "Inspired"

So this weekend I didn't get to do the "ME" time before my califo-grandma came over here. My great uncle had passed away. I think of all the people in my family that I am close or real similar too it was him. He loved to laugh/joke around. Would try and make light of things with his jokes and of course was VERY family oriented.

When I heard that he had passed I couldn't shed a tear. When I think of him, I see this goofy smile he has after telling a joke and it puts a smile on my face. This man had Kennedy's disease, and had beaten cancer a number of times (Cancer just won this round). He never let anything hold him back. He had a carefree adventurous attitude. On the plane I smiled and thought about how he lived...and I'm gonna do a bungee jump soon!

So I buy a R/T ticket to Phoenix and put my grandma to work (make me a quiche! I'll be hungry when I land)...So I land in Phoenix and of course the mood is not so great. So it's time for me to perform a 180 on the group and get them smiling (after all..it is what "tonton" would want!). The quiche was great and although I only spent a couple days there it was very therapeutic for my grandma and uncle (who lives minutes away from her). Dinner, Breakfast, Manicure/Pedicures, Card Games, Dinner, More Card games, breakfast and then back in the air I go!

It was a short but well worth visit in the end. I know TonTon's character as if it were my own and family is the most important thing to look after. He was also a poet and artist. His memorial is going to be on his 70th birthday (beautiful, in my opinion) this Sept. If my mom can get me a painting of his I would be honored to hang it in my house.

That's all for now...this upcoming weekend is gonna be huge w/my best friends moving in and califo coming tambien! Oooooooh! I should have her grab me a tommy's burger! (<-- Yeaaah DC! Fuck ur 5 guys, this is a fuckin burger!)

No comments: