Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Inspried

I was very touched by BB's blog. I think it's beautiful when one can see one's own inner-beauty. This is a jouney that a lot of us has to go through. The emotions that run through you are so powerful, and the person in the mirror is the one who is kicking you down and DOWN AND DOWN! This superego, this monster that you created feeds ur mind and heart. You put yourself in such a dark state...no friend or family member can pick you up from this hole you've dug for yourself.

You're down there...and when you finally hit that spot. This spot is like the eye of a hurricane...You can see this storm that you created to the left and right of you. You sit there calmly...look to the left and right of you and think....think....and think. This is where you climax. From this moment, whatever or wherever direction you decide to take your life is up to you. You can give up on yourself (many have) or you can stand up and face the storm that you've built...excuse me, OVERCOME!

And one of the most inspirational things about these storms is that when you take that first step forward...You push forward. The storm is still there, but you welcome the challenge! You've came from back there and you are not going back to that spot. You are fighting this monster you've built. And just to show this monster who is in charge, you do things that you've feared. Stand off a cliff and look down! Take your shirt off and walk outside! Fly in an airplane, swim in the ocean! Tell that monster "Yes I Can!"...or If you're me, "Fuck you! I'm Mike Sanchez!".

So two friday's ago I drove home drunk. I woke...ALONE in my house. I blacked out...so I go downstairs to see if I drove home..Yup! Car is parked in my spot. I don't recall that evening so I cut alcohol out of my life. I refuse to endanger other peoples lives because of my carelessness. Also, I don't like not being in control. Granted I loosen up after a couple of drinks, but do I need this to be socially interactive? Ummmm...FUCK NO! So a beer or glass of wine is it now. This is in effect until I say so...HALAS! And of course deep down inside, I welcome the challenge of going out to clubs/bars and chillin. Oh and holy shit, I have money in my wallet when I get home! lol! Woooooooooow!

So that's my latest challenge and I'm winning. I'm still in my storm and it's funny but I'm staying there for the challenges that I need to step up and face. The day I reach satisfaction is the day I've given up on myself. Be stronger, push forward...and push harder!
Daft Punk: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger ;-)

Awesome blog BB....like I told u in my e-mail, it was very inspirational and made me think of where I was and how far I've come and how much further I need to go =)....Cheers, Mate!

No comments: