Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Update

What a weekend...Put a bid on a property (all cash! first time ever!!!), went to a kickass lake party and hung out with a pretty cool guy.

Ok so the property is located in Alexandria near Ft. Belvoir...Looks to need between 8-10k worth of repairs and can rent for $1350-1450 p/mo! State tax & Condo fees would bleed me about $450 p/mo so this could be a worth while investment! I'll know more by tomorrow so if BAC accepts my bid you guys will know shortly and I'll have a project! w00000hooo!!!

My orthotics also came in this weekend! I was walking around to break them in...Might hafta do a few miles (for testing purposes ^_^) real excited to run in them! May treat myself to new shoes this pay period *oooooowhhhhhhhhhhh*...I know, the small things in life.

Lake party me and my buddy Matt went over there and had a good time. Our whole DC Gang was there, no drama...played volleyball and got soaked in the sun & water. Tommy's house was sooo beautiful along with their lake which both were built by his rock star parents who are so down to Earth, they're just real good people! Afterwards I hung out with Matt's people and it was a real eye opener...The houses that my mom and dad fixed is what this family lived in. Being poor is what it is, but cleanliness and pride is something that you have inside. They just don't care how they live and what a shame. I came home BLESSED and truly appreciate all the stuff. I can't express how grateful I am to myself and how life is turning out!

This wednesday I will pass on the gym and see the last Potter movie which I started the series last weekend...those buggers are so addicting! I'm glad I wasn't hooked ten years ago! I would've been anxiously waiting for these movies and calling people muggles!

I'm really glad that 30 is turning out to be such a great thing. I feel more secure about myself and that's most definitely a welcome feeling I'd like to stay. Ta-Tah

No comments: