Sunday, July 31, 2011

Budgeting uck! (and other stuff on my mind)

So with all the liberties I took at 29, I need to build back up the 'ol savings. You would think avoiding the DC/bar scene for a minute would help but I find myself keeping busy in other area which isn't a bad thing but I need my savings built back up! Especially since I'm in the market for real estate!

I've looked at a couple repos to fix up and rent out...nothing that struck gold at me. My goal is to have an investment property pay my mortgage or at least a good deal of it. I'll have to pay taxes and condo/hoa fees. No biggie! So I'm on the prowl for properties. Fairfax county is my prime target...Arlington condo fees are redic (right next to the county of Alexnadria). The government may take away mortgage interest tax breaks. That would suck but we all gotta sacrafice from the debt we've accumulated. So I can sacrafice. That's the big thing right now, finding a place to rent out. I'm not regretting giving up Harker Heights (luv'd lil Robin Ln) but I don't want 4 -$495 tenants...true when one leaves ur @ 75% rental but I'd like to deal with an all or none right now. There is money to be made by flipping properties. May be able to do that. We'll see...I gotta make sure my income doesn't exceed 200k a year otherwise I'm screwed! LOL!

So I got my budget plan set with all my expenses and allowances. I should be able to save a good portion by the end of the year. If I meet my goal, then I have to reward myself :-) Something over $500 but under $1000. A small getaway...new clothes, or maybe a new phone! We'll have to see...probably a trip. I have more than what I need right now. My new little laptop is just perfect! A pretty penny but I don't see it being replaced for QUITE SOME TIME! Of course my 3GS phone is just beggin to be put to use as an iPod touch as it is lagging when running multiple apps. Guess I shouldn't rule out the iPad (hehehe...hey! It's a reward! I may not make it! It's a tough goal!

I may go with the latest droid phone if they have a great library for MP3s. I've heard the battery life on the droids tho le suck! If that's the case I might as well keep suckin Steve Jobs left nut. I'll have to do more reviews...I'm not keen on apple double-billing me for music if I delete and re-add a song (that's krazy!). I've also yet to upgrade my OS to the latest cloud technology. WHAT RUBBISH! Let me wirelessly sync my songs to my PC! Not to your database! Curse you Steve Jobs! Do what I ask or I'll get Zuckerberg to build a thin blue FSmart phone that'll make ur GUI interface look like 1999!

So there goes my budget and house hunting stuff...I may go look at cars later (I'm just fascinated by the 650i, but not ready to replace my lil Z). My dad is stuck in Gainesville with my mom showing an open house. My best friend's biggest mistake! UGH! Whatever! The kids are going from the public education of NoVA to Mississippi. I really feel bad for them, but hey when they're grown-up they can make bad choices too. If I could I would keep their daughter at my place since she EXCELS at school and will be bored out of her mind in doing classes there. She'd also get a lesson on the real world living with me. The boys don't really care about school (neither did I) so they'll be ok down there. I just don't want their girl turning into a Mississippi girl waiting to find prince charming to take care of them. A lot of ladies go this route, not just from MS. If there is one person in life you can count on, it's you! PERIOD! No one else has to love you or give a damn about you. Earn ur keep in life. I'm so glad to have the friends that I have in life. The majority are pretty much self sufficient. Everyone has their rough patches in life. Some obstacles seem hard to overcome. Everything in one day and one piece.

Mentally i feel like I'm over the hump on accepting and loving myself wholey. I think the climax came days before, while and after Hawaii. I've always told myself to stop, breathe and look at what hand you dealt yourself. I was hearing but not listening to what I had said. I don't feel alone when I come home. Reese and I go out (unless it's real hot/cold), have dinner and watch something on the tube. I have my friends come over to watch TV or go out and do things. What else...I got a new roast recipe I'm trying out...No help from Campbells this time! If it comes out fabulous, i'll spill it out manana.

Happy Sunday people!

No comments: