Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fool me once, shame on me...what is this now; 5

I want to start off with: I hold grudges but that such a 20s thing to do. I release negativity rather than hold it prisoner in my life. The most recent emotional tick I popped has been in my life primarily because we hang out with the same group of friends.

I hate being ignored. Hate it. The last straw broke and before I turned 30 I knew this was one thing I was ready to leave behind. What I didn't count on was the number of times we would bump in to each other and that I didn't harbor neg energy. I actually still cared for him, I just wanted to be acquaintances so that I could excuse him of the friendship duties.

Well he called yesterday and apologized about the whole situation. He thinks I actually broke off a friendship because of a couple slips. I counted and it was more than a couple. The thing is, when u crush on someone that is suppose to be a friend those r the easiest ones to setup for failure. I really wouldn't care if an acquaintance was a no show. Wouldn't bother me because they're not a friend.

So on with accepting the apology and for the ease of being in our group, make this guy an acquaintance. The ease about that is that we can be buds in the group. As long as we don't have "us" time I'm good with it. If he flakes out from a group function it's cool because it's a group thing and not a me/you situation.

So this is fine. Won't tangle my heart in that direction. I'm 30. Ain't got time for neg drama. This is a good step so that things aren't awkward for the both of us. Although because it's a step lower that where we use to be, it's better than having to use energy to ignore one another.

And that's that!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: