Friday, May 8, 2009

Subway....it's not you, it's me

Ok...so as I'm sippin my sweet tea vodka with crystal lite (yum!) I can't help but write more about my nutrition battles! BAH! Ok so luv subway! I do....iLuv the subs! But....i find myself eating more salads there than breads. Check this out people. I mean really listen to me. Do you monitor your sodium intake? If not you should! You really should...amongst other things people! LOL! But seriously...let's dish. How much sodium do you eat a day? Are you at the daily recommendations which on a 2000 calorie intake is 2400mg? Well I sort of monitor this amongst other things. I don't monitor my calories, fat, cholesterol (which I'm working on). I eat a lot of peanut butter, drink a lot of milk and eat 'Eating Right' meals prepared by Lucerne Farms (Safeway) which gives me beaucoup protein, calcium, fiber and vitamin D.

So let's get back to subway. Bread. Bread has a lot of sodium! Can you believe it?!? Go check out how many mg of sodium 2 slices of bread have and compare it to a 500mg tv dinner. It's shocking that 2 months ago I didn't realize how much sodium I had in my diet. I had to cut breads back. Don't ween yourself off of it, but cut back. This is not a carb back off because pasta /rice are good cards too without the sodium bread has. So just an FYI for you guys.

On a side note....Biggest Loser once again is pushing me...I topped the contestants on their half marathon by doing 15 miles. Now these doods are gonna a marathon! So...it's challenge time! It is sooo challenge time. If they're gonna do a marathon, the dammit! So am I!!! I will have a treadmill, with lots of water and a pair of extra socks. I'll time myself and if I can do it outside by planning a trail, I'll do it...I'm soooo gonna do it and I'll blog about it!

Very excited to see these contestants do it and push me to my limits. That's all =)

5 comments:

Basilio Bocalan said...

Vodka is sugar ;)
And if you don't eat enough bread or carbs you'll be very unhappy. Unhappiness can be related to the lack of carb intake...just ask any Atkins diet fanatic. ;)

Dirty said...

Oh and dirty luvs that suga too!
^_*

iLuv me carbs! I do I just lov'em so I'll keep up the rice/pasta intake. Starvin myself makes me very unhappy. LOL! I'm hungry writing this now! (not kidding! LOL!)

It's 9 more days babe! w00t w00t!

M. said...

Do you have the Subway points card? I do.

Anonymous said...

How is that hagen daz?

Dirty said...

well played mitchell....well played! It was awesome! Unlike the "boys" in DC, it left me satisfied. I feel a guilt run coming on ^_^