Friday, April 26, 2013

Pescetarianism

I loved the results of going vegan(lite)!  No dairy = LOW allergy symptoms.  I can't be sure if giving up the meats aided in this adventure but I learned somethings

1.)  I don't like having a huge soy intake
2.)  Chick peas are a good alternate protein
3.)  I miss whey protein (pea protein, ur just different)
4.)  Practically eliminated exercise-induced asthma (except on bad allergy days)
5.)  Threw out a ton of crap that apparently was made of dairy / egg

Now that my trial time is up, I'm gonna add seafood back into my diet.  I hate to sound like a novice who only thinks of animals as protein, but I NEED MY PROTEIN.  So fish has the lower risk of bad cholesterol and can actually prevent cancers

Just got back from lunch...no stomach pains and am quite content!

2 comments:

M. said...

Good for you! I've been a pescatarian for over a year now. Never felt or been as healthy.

Dirty said...

It feels great leaving dairy and meats/poultry behind. I'm so glad I reintroduced seafood back in my diet although I've only taken advantage of it on Friday. I've found a new love for avocado and my salads. I can handle fish for dinners...tuna is iffy because mayo uses egg unless i buy a big jar from trader joes...hmmm I may look into that today =)