Sunday, April 7, 2013

April's fool - Here I go - Dairy Free!

So yesterday I gave up dairy.  I'm giving up dairy to see if I can fight my allergies with food.  Popping pills seems to be the answer for Americans and I've never liked pills...even with surgery I popped a percocet like one time after no sleep.  But today I'm going to fight my eczema, dry skin, ALLERGIES and etc (forgot the 4th).

I am currently allergic to dogs, pollen, outdoor molds.  Spring & Summer are my worst seasons.  I have undergone immunization shots and dropped out after having an attack.  I think my allergies developed when I moved to Virginia around 13.  I take Zyrtec at night and Claritin in the morning.  I have a dog who is my world and I won't get rid of until the hourglass ends on her part.

Today I ate the last bit of meat I will have for a while.  I hate cooking but dammit I'll do it!  I've enjoyed for the most part the salads I've made and have steamed vegetables.  If this works out I will continue treating my body well.  I'm excited and have positive energy to see this go through.  My main fear is lack of protein.  I've been raised to know of protein as meat.  I have some soy products but don't want to be dependent on them...lucky for me we have a TINY vegan area in the frozen food land.  I'll attack them tonight =) #stoked

Oh the other fear is...have you seen old vegans?  I'm not trying to be too shallow but they kinda look their age if you catch my drift!  Inner or Outer beauty!  DAMMMMMNNNN!!!!

No comments: