Wednesday, April 1, 2009

just a glass of water and an almond, please

...sometime I feel like that is the story of my life. I try to hard to maintain healthiness...Cut down on sodium, give up cokes (haven't had a diet soda in like a week now), exercise, limit fried foods, eat more salads and veggies, have natural sugars.

I think back growing up how I use to eat what I wanted and how fat I was. It's that mental image that drives me to continue to strive for the slimmer me. I know I'm not alone in this, but (pretty woman moment) when you get put down enough you start to believe it. When does your mind finally say, you know what...I'm satisfied with my appearance? I accept people (unless ur scary or clingy) as they are and it helps that I surround myself with people who do the same. I also have my princess moments where If I'm with someone I know really well, we just gotta be rock stars. But I digress....no matter what positive comments I hear from people, friends and family...I don't see what they see. My eyes always see this guy about to put on weight, and I have to stop him.

It would be my dream to have that perfect bod in magazines just so I could be like "OMG! Yes! It's all mine". But deep down I'd rather keep what I got and be satisfied with it. If only my eyes could see that I have the perfect bod, then maybe my mind would be n'sync.

Apart from that, the house is getting better and better. I need to do face plates this weekend. Tomorrow my desk arrives and I'll need to set that up in the loft. The loft will then be complete. I may take a reg chair until I find the right mesh computer chair for upstairs...it's a lil cramped, but not too cramp. The loft is my favorite place (as someone guessed on my facebook site) because I share the house with my sis...and the only privacy I have is my bedroom. Everything else is open to the both of us, but my bedroom is mine. So I am getting attached to my loft.

Housewarming party? Man I hope soon! My sis has had some of her friends over and I've invited a couple peeps to show the progress, but I guess I'm waiting on her to say "Ok let's do it". Mostly because it'll be more her friends than mine. I know of all the friends I invite no matter what, Chris and Tiff will show up. And that rocks! My other buddies *lol* naaah! Swing n a miss...

Interview today went well, I answered a lot of their questions correctly. So....SNAKES! Yes, lets talk about snakes! I e-mailed them salary requirements for their network reviewer position. I was being interviewed for a windows' reviewer position...ok, what's the difference? 15k. So *the nerve* they brought me there to do the hook-n-bait. Basically told me about the job, training and all the traveling I can expect. They just couldn't meet my salary range. That is what a snake is...so I smiled and told them that I would have to take their offer into consideration before making a decision. I was disappointed in EDS (for the second time). This is the 2nd time I got so close with EDS and that was it. They make the temp-perm contracting companies not look so bad. So it was a great opportunity to interview and as much as I study DNS over and over again, it's fuckin useless knowledge unless I'm doing it (dammit! I miss being a sys admin!). So I'm sticking with the DOS until something better pans out...to bad about EDS. The road warrior gig just sounded right. Only plus I could see is that I would break into IT Security at the same pay and then advance from there. I also met my potential boss and he seemed sorta rigid too. Maybe that is because of interviewing, but I'm not so sure. Alright time for some ZZzzzz.

3 comments:

ArrBee said...

Baby, we're never what we want to see. Our lens is too clouded. You have to trust those who love you. They won't lie to you.

Dirty said...

Hmmmm good point babe, however trust and love are two big words. Those are two verbs that I don't divvy out easily, thus making a majority of sources statements somewhat less than credible in my head.

But I hear you...trust those you love. Except family, cuz they'll say what you wanna hear =)

Thanks for the words babe

M. said...

Hah did you watch Ugly Betty? (glass of water and almond)