Friday, February 27, 2009

Au Revoir Mammie!


Je t'aime beaucoup!

Mammie,

I miss you sooo much. As soon as I heard they were going to move you to the hospice I told my guys at work that I had to leave. Not soon after Jackie gave me the call with the two words I didn't want to hear, "She passed". I didn't show a lot of emotion when Grandpa and Rick died. But with you, my Mammie I broke down in tears. That was the hardest news I've ever dealt with to this day. I never cried like that before. You were the first one to see me born. We had our special cuddle time when I was young...you and grandpa were terrific! I spent a lot of summers with you growing up and of course who could forget the time we went cross country. Remember how I told you Old faithful was my favorite part of the trip? I think it was yours too! Then growing up I got to take you to Scotland for your 80th birthday! What a treat that was!

I loved and enjoyed that trip so much! We were on a budget but still made it work! And of course the last night we stayed at the hilton...and who got our room upgraded complimentary?!? ^_^
..you and your french accent!

I think of all the good times we had while I was growing up and how lucky I was to have a grandmother that cared and accepted me the way I am.

When I came out to the family about being gay everyone's first reaction was "Are you sure". I loved that you didn't say that and that your first words were "Well you can always adopt". That was the best thing anyone could've said.

Your LOVE, spirit and youthful energy will be missed. I'll even miss arguing politics with you! Something that was always taboo with us, but that didn't stop me! =)

I'm glad you were with me when I closed on the house and toasted just a small bit of champagne with me. Tomorrow I will buy a bottle of Roederer (what do you think? ;-D) and toast you to your new life with the love of your life, Grandpa. I will see you again and hopefully you & Grandpa will have a good bottle waiting for me ;)

I love you and miss you terribly! Also I took your favorite picture that you had next you. I know you'd want me to have it because our hearts were always N'sync. I love you (me more!)

~ Avec Beaucoup D'amour,
Michel

3 comments:

ArrBee said...

I'm very sorry to read this. It brought back emotions of my Grandmother's passing ... the dearest person in the whole world to me. I know what you're going through and am here for you.

M. said...

:( Is this the Mammie that shared my birthday??? Sorry to hear. Cheer up she's not suffering and she's found forever peace and now with your grandpa. Seems like a lot of grandmothers have been passing lately.

Basilio Bocalan said...

I'll be sure that our first hug will be that more tender and extra special.

I love you, sweets!

xoxoxo