Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The fight between us built within

I really miss talking to him
And hearing his sexy voice
Did I get my feelings hurt
by asking him to make a choice?
Deep down I think its silly
For me to feel the way I feel
Why do I lack control of my emotions?
Why can't I just keep it real?
The last time we spoke
He said some hurtful things
My true self wanted to cry
But my superego stole the scene
I find that when I can't defend myself
My true self cripples up and hides
It's up to my false self, my superego
To give me that inner-strength inside
My superego will convince me:
"Fuck him, you don't need that shit!"
"Who the fuck is this nigga?"
"You're Mike Sanchez and don't play that bit"
"Drop his ass and get some dates"
"It's not like I'm reaching for the stars"
"A sexual attraction, good sense of humor"
"And what the hell guys…own a car!"
I’ll put on my rolex and sport some versace
This makes me somewhat ostentatious
But it builds up my confidence and ego
Damn! I look smart, sexy and flirtatious
But wait superego, slow your roll
I really do care for this guy
His desires, ambitions, his smart intuitions!
He makes me smile more than cry
I understand that as a couple we may not make it
But where does our friendship lie?
My heart still beats strong for him
And I don’t want to lose him over pride
So superego and true self lets work together
And give it another try
For the biggest threat to over come is
Me, Myself and I

4 comments:

Basilio Bocalan said...

Great poetic banter, guy!

Just wanted to say thanks for the well put together argument on my bff's blog (Tuffie) that stemmed from the "Apple iPhone/Microsoft Surface debacle".

It's a fanatics blog, so no point really in debating.

But thanks for that comment, I couldn't put it together as well as you could on behalf of Microsoft.

B-

P.S. Maybe living in Seattle's made me lean more towards Microsoft. -lol

Dirty said...

Thanks B! I'm an MCSE so I gotta stick up for billy n lean towards Microsoft ;-)
Cam is in denial...he's prolly got a t-shirt with the windows logo that he wears when no one's looking :-P

OMG! I wanna visit Seattle one day just to see the Starbucks factory or at least have a latte there.

~ mikey

Basilio Bocalan said...

-lol

Yeah, they never seem to run out of Starbucks here...literally every block has one!!!

Seattle feels like modern day Eden. Serene, green, and mellow.

You definitely should visit. It's laid back and low key. A slice like you would make friends here real quick too! -lol

B- (or RR as Tuffie calls me, one too many nicknames I tells ya! -lol)

Dirty said...

haha! a slice like me....I like that Pa! well i wish u and tuffie were here cuz I'm gonna hit TOWN tonight.

Pull a Rihanna n 'shake the stress away' ~:-P

Hope u have fun tonight B! holla

~ mikey